Sunday, December 13, 2009

Leaving Dharamsala








12-14-09

My 2 weeks have already gone by here at Dharamsala as I am leaving later today for Delhi for one day and then off to my trek in Nepal to Mt. Everest Base camp. I am sad to leave this place as have managed to make many friends including the four legged kind (my doggies and even a cat :-)) that are very loving and kind. The whole experience has been incredible and beyond anything really that I expected or could have possibly have imagined. I am not sure if it has been the volunteering with teaching, the animal rescue, making sweet and kind Tibetan friends that has allowed for the most powerful impressions or the meditating and learning from the Monks? It may be fair to say that it all has played its role. I have had a level of energy and commitment that I feel is motivate and driven by seeing how small things can makes a difference and be so rewarding. It is a step towards change and a belief that I can do something. It is not like I have all of a sudden managed to transform the world or myself over the last two weeks, it is more like I am leaving with a deeper understanding for what I am capable of contributing with, in the future. I do realize there is a lot of work ahead to support not only Dharamsala Animal Rescue, The Tibetan School for Handicap Children, Tibetan Ex-Prisoners’ Organization or The Old people’s home but many projects in India and the world. I am happy though that with the first hand experience of seeing and participating in volunteer work here has allowed my vision to merged into a more clearer direction.

I have been very lucky to meet some really strong activists, passionate leaders, film makers, authors and photographers that have shared their work with me. My filming and documenting has also been reviewed by a professional film maker, from the USA that is living here in Dharamsala now since 3 years. I am fortunate to be able to call Ronny a friend even though my acquaintance with him has only been a week or so. He is offering his time to add his expertise in making my project look more presentable and professional. Arvind, the founder of the Dharamsala Dog Rescue, told me about some promo work that Ronny had done for him that he felt I should also take a look at in addition to all the filming I have made. I feel that all the meetings with people and the different occurrences that have take place have all lined up in a way that I could not have planned in advance. I am certain that there is a power beyond me supporting me in finally moving forward without hesitation and fear. I am thrilled to share with all of you that I have set into motion an umbrella non-profit organization that will act as a liaison between the causes and local organizations in need and the corporations/ individuals that are able to fund and donate to these projects. I purchased a website domain name last night had have already created some filming and gotten Ronny and other locals on board to donate their time as well as hopefully become beneficiaries of this project. There are a few names for the organization that I am still playing with so hang tight guys as there will be a lot more coming ahead. I am hoping that many of you will be inspired to participate and that the organization will award you opportunities beyond your imaginations as well.

I am ready to continue my journey which will be more strenuous and cold next. There is a mixture of being ready for the next step to solidify what I have begun for myself which was the deepening and cleaning with the yoga, meditation and service to now move into the regaining the freedom and courage aspect next. I have remained committed to my Sadana (meditation) and I have had to be ok with that it could not be exactly what I wanted it to look like everyday but rather that I had to focus on the commitment of doing it the best I can. If I had to stay up all night (like tonight to get it all in) or if I had to move it to later in the day and listen to the chants rather than actually chat the whole mediation like preferred I have had to learn to accept that that is the only way I could manage doing it at all and be able to include all the other also important activities that I have taken on. I am learning compassion and acceptance for what is without judgment and attachment. I have also witnessed how the Tibetans and Indians in general manage to be in harmony with not only their circumstances but also with their environment and others. There is a sense of peace and acceptance that I feel we do not have in the west because we are constantly bombarded with that we can do better and that there is more to have or that there is more to be done in less time. The concept of that we are not enough or that there is not enough does not, I feel exist in the same way here in India and especially in Dharamsala. The Tibetan community wants a free Tibet and many do actively involve their efforts in trying to materializing that dream, but they do it with gratitude to India for providing them with home in the mean time. There is an acceptance without passivness or complacency to that it can be different. There are goals and commitments they want to archive but once again they are able to live in the present moment with gratitude.

I have much more I can tell you but I want to also manage to up load some pictures and go for my last meditation with the Monks this morning. I will try to maybe write some more on the train and upload in Delhi before I leave. Once I am off to Nepal I think you may not hear from me for 1 to 1 ½ months as I am not certain internet is easy access from either location.

Lots of Peace and Love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment